Event | August 06, 2018
A successful career in academia requires the ability to teach, publish, and present to international audiences!
Join us in the Future Faculty Development course to gain hands-on practice and concrete strategies to teach complex concepts in your discipline, communicate your research at conferences and through internationally recognized journals, and network with colleagues in both academia and industry.
Through interactive activities and feedback from course instructors, participants will have the opportunity to enhance their teaching and communication skills for future faculty careers.
By the end of the course, participants will be familiar with strategies for:
- Facilitating active learning in diverse classrooms
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback to students and peers
- Presenting their research to interdisciplinary audiences
- Networking and presenting at international academic conferences
- Publishing their research, by communicating effectively with journal editors and reviewers
- Communicating their skills during the academic job search process
How to apply
Applications are accepted online through the official event page by the Center for Teaching and Learning until the maximum capacity (40 ppl) is reached.
■ Date and time
Hokkaido University Multimedia Education Building, 3th floor, Studio type Seminar Room (Kita 17, Nishi 8, Kita-Ku, Sapporo)
(Director, Teaching Support Centre, Western University, Canada)
(Associate Director, Teaching Support Centre, Western University, Canada)
Doctoral and Master course students who want to become a faculty.
Those completing the course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion with Western University TSC and Hokkaido University CTL name.