The Safety Confirmation System is designed to provide information on the safety of students and staff at the university in the event of a large-scale disaster such as an earthquake. In the event of a large- scale disaster, individuals who registered an email address (cell phone or otherwise) with the system will receive a safety confirmation email from the university. Please reply to this safety confirmation email to let the university know you are safe.
Students can also register their parent’s e-mail addresses so that their replies can be automatically forwarded by the university to their parents.
Furthermore, in the event of other serious occurrences, such as the outbreak of a new influenza strain, information on the security of students and urgent matters relating to university management will also be sent through this system.
Students and staff are requested to register using the methods outlined on the pages linked to below. Please note that if you were provided with a formal email address as by the university, then you will have been automatically registered already.
- For a summary of the system, click here.
- For information on how students can register for this system, click here.
- For information on how staff can register for this system, click here (only accessible on-campus).
- Inquiries about the system should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Be sure to read the FAQ before asking a question.