The following information is for applicants of Hokkaido University who wish to enter as Special Research Students at the Graduate Level – 2017-2018.
|Special Research Student (Graduate) -SRS-|
Half year or full year programs in which students are assigned to a particular graduate school and undertake research centered on their specialized areas same as regular students.
|Application Form||Issued on nomination basis|
|Nomination Deadline||[Fall Semester 2017] March 28, 2017|
|[Spring Semester 2018] October 10, 2017|
China Scholarship Council (CSC) – Chinese Universities only
CSC applicants must be nominated by the following deadlines:
[Fall Semester 2017] March 1, 2017 [Spring Semester 2018] September 1, 2017
[Fall Semester 2017] April 28, 2017
[Spring Semester 2018] November 10, 2017
[Fall Semester 2017] Around July 2017
[Spring Semester 2018] Around January 2018
(half year or full year)
[Fall Semester 2017] October 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018
|[Spring Semester 2018] April 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018|
|In principle, one semester or one year but applicant may choose on a monthly basis if prospective supervisor agrees.|
|Number of Students||
Decided on a yearly basis.
There will be a screening at each graduate school. Not all applicants will be accepted.
Students who meet the following:
1. High academic record at home university in the field of desired graduate school
2. English or Japanese fluency in order to communicate with academic supervisor
1. (Before applying) Students contact a professor to request academic supervision and receive unofficial agreement.
2. Home university coordinator nominates students by submitting the nomination sheet.
* The nomination sheet will be provided on request basis.
3. Hokkaido University provides the latest application form based on the nomination.
4. Students prepare the application documents.
5. Home university coordinator submits the application documents.
6. Hokkaido University screens the application.
7. Hokkaido University notifies the screening results and gives further instruction.
1. Application form
2. Certificate of Enrollment from Home University
3. Recommendation letter
4. Transcript of academic record (Undergraduate/Graduate)
5. Photocopy of Certificate of JLPT (if any)
6. Photocopy of passport
7. Three photos (3×4 cm, color and clear)
This is general information and the required documents may vary depending on graduate schools.
|Credits||No credits are issued. Special Research Students only receive supervision.|
|Accommodation||University dormitory / Room assignment is decided by Hokkaido University.|