The mission of the School of Engineering is to transfer our legacy of academic accomplishments to students to help them acquire and refine basic and advanced professional disciplines in engineering. We also aim to help students acquire the wide ranging knowledge, sound judgement, and practical skills necessary to deal with globalization as well as the advancement of science and technology.
- Have you taken the EJU?
- The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is used to evaluate the Japanese language proficiency and the basic academic abilities of international students wishing to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan. See Admission requirements for scores. For detailed information, please visit the JASSO website here.
- Have you obtained 12 years or more of education?
- Do you have advanced Japanese?
You need a very good command of the Japanese language, equivalent to level N1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test to enter as an undergraduate student. (knowledge of around 2000 Kanji, + a 10,000 word vocabulary)
1. Read and understand the online application procedures issued by Hokkaido University and submit your application via the web page here.
Paper-based application forms are no longer available.
2. Entry Assessment takes place in February and there are two stages involved.
1st Stage : Application document screening
2nd Stage : Interview. At this stage, your English Proficiency is also assessed and a TOEFL certificate* must be submitted.
3. Wait for your results!
4. Results announced in early March. Get ready to begin your Hokudai Experience!
*TOEFL PBT,TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge, IELTS, and other examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted
|FACULTY/ SCHOOL||EJU REQUIREMENTS||SELECTION METHODOLOGY|
|School of Engineering (4 year degree)||EJU ‘Japanese as a Foreign Language’ 270 or higher (including writing aptitude). Total of ‘Science’ + ‘Mathematics’ 265 or higher.||Application Document Screening, Interview, Submission of TOEFL*, Report|
|* TOEFL PBT, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, IELTS and others examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted.|
|Tuition fee||¥535,800 (per year)|
|Applied Science and Engineering||
Applied Physics and Engineering
|Electronics and Information Engineering||
Computer Science and Information Technology
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Bioengineering and Bioinformatics
Media and Network Technologies
Systems, Control and Electrical Engineering
|Mechanical and Intelligent System Engineering||
Mechanics and Information
Public Policy and Engineering
Sustainable Resources Engineering
Enter University as an undergraduate student?
For more information, please use the e-apply website.