The mission of the School of Law is to help undergraduates acquire the basic skills necessary to deal with complex, diverse social issues, and to help them develop leadership skills based on well-rounded characters and intellectual sensibility.
- Have you taken the EJU?
- The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is used to evaluate the Japanese language proficiency and the basic academic abilities of international students wishing to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan. See Admission requirements for scores. For detailed information, please visit the JASSO website here.
- Have you obtained 12 years or more of education?
- Do you have advanced Japanese?
You need a very good command of the Japanese language, equivalent to level N1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test to enter as an undergraduate student. (knowledge of around 2000 Kanji, + a 10,000 word vocabulary)
1. Read and understand the online application procedures issued by Hokkaido University and submit your application via the web page here.
Paper-based application forms are no longer available.
2. Entry Assessment takes place in February and there are two stages involved.
1st Stage : Application document screening
2nd Stage : Interview / Short Essay. At this stage, your English Proficiency is also assessed and a TOEFL certificate* must be submitted.
3. Wait for your results!
4. Results announced in early March. Get ready to begin your Hokudai Experience!
*TOEFL PBT,TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge, IELTS, and other examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted
|FACULTY/ SCHOOL||EJU REQUIREMENTS||SELECTION METHODOLOGY|
|School of Law (4 year degree)||EJU ‘Japanese as a Foreign Language’ 270 or higher (including writing aptitude). Total of ‘Japan and the World’ + ‘Mathematics’ 265 or higher.||Application Document Screening, Report, Interview, Submission of TOEFL*|
|* TOEFL PBT, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, IELTS and others examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted.|
|Tuition fee||¥535,800 / $5,880 (per year)|
|Entrance fee||¥282,000 / $3,100|
|Examination fee||¥17,000 / $187|
|Law||Public Law, Private Law, Criminal Law, Social Law, Interdisciplinary Legal Studies, Political Studies|
Enter University as an undergraduate student?
For more information, please use the e-apply website.