The mission of the School of Engineering is to transfer our legacy of academic accomplishments to students to help them acquire and refine basic and advanced professional disciplines in engineering. We also aim to help students acquire the wide-ranging knowledge, sound judgment, and practical skills necessary to deal with globalization as well as the advancement of science and technology.
- Have you taken the EJU?
- The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is used to evaluate the Japanese language proficiency and the basic academic abilities of international students wishing to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan. See Admission requirements for scores. For detailed information, please visit the JASSO website here.
- Have you obtained 12 years or more of education?
- Do you have advanced Japanese?
You need a very good command of the Japanese language, equivalent to level N1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test to enter as an undergraduate student. (knowledge of around 2000 Kanji, + a 10,000 word vocabulary)
1. Read and understand the online application procedures issued by Hokkaido University and submit your application via the web page here.
Paper-based application forms are no longer available.
2. Entry Assessment takes place in February and there are two stages involved.
1st Stage : Application document screening
2nd Stage : Interview / Short Essay. At this stage, your English Proficiency is also assessed and a TOEFL certificate must be submitted.
3. Wait for your results!
4. Results announced in early March. Get ready to begin your Hokudai Experience!
|FACULTY/ SCHOOL||EJU REQUIREMENTS||SELECTION METHODOLOGY|
|School of Engineering (4 year degree)||EJU ‘Japanese as a Foreign Language’ 270 or higher (including writing aptitude). Total of ‘Science’ + ‘Mathematics’ 265 or higher.||Application Document Screening, Interview, Submission of TOEFL*|
* TOEFL PBT, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, IELTS and others examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted.
|Tuition fee||¥535,800 per year)|
|Applied Science and Engineering:||Applied Physics and Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Materials Engineering|
|Electronics and Information Engineering:||Information Science Engineering, Electronics for Informatics, Bioengineering and Bioinformatics, Media and Network Technologies, Electrical Systems Science|
|Mechanical and Intelligent System Engineering:||Mechanics and Information, Mechanical Systems|
|Socio-Environmental Engineering:||Civil Engineering, Public Policy and Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Sustainable Resources Engineering|
Enter University as an undergraduate student?
Please contact the Admissions Center; +81-(0)11-706-7484.