Procedures for Departure
Please refer to this list to ensure your transition from Hokkaido to your home country is as smooth as possible.
- Complete all academic procedures at the Academic Affairs section of your department.
- Apply for transcripts and other certificates at the Academic Affairs section of your department well in advance.
- Contact your landlord/management company and complete the necessary procedures to vacate your apartment/dormitory at least one month prior to your departure date.
- Clean your room thoroughly and take away your belongings from the room. When you dispose of furniture or belongings, abide by the Japanese rules of garbage disposal.
- Cancel your water, electricity and gas contracts, and pay any remaining fees.
- Submit a notification of moving out at your local post office.
- Return any books you borrowed to our libraries.
- Cancel your national health insurance and complete the payment of the premium.
- Submit a “notification of moving out” at your local ward office.
- Cancel your mobile phone contract and pay any remaining fees.
- Have your accommodation inspected by your landlord and pay all remaining rent.
- Submit the “Notification of the Accepting Organization” document at the Immigration Bureau.
- Hand in your Residence Card at the airport.