- Always exercise common sense when posting on social media.
- Always be professional and respectful to others.
- Be transparent and clearly identify yourself and your affiliation with the university on your accounts. Remember that you take responsibility for any content you post. If you are expressing a personal view, this should be made clear.
- Posts about the university, including news, events, and activities, represent the university on a global scale. Therefore, stay professional and exercise good judgement.
- Honesty and authenticity are appreciated, but do not slander or damage the university’s reputation in any way.
- Do not post unlawful and inappropriate content, including the use of inappropriate language. For example, it is unacceptable to make profane posts, engage in or encourage harassment or discrimination, or breach copyright regulations.
- Do not make any posts that infringe any rules and guidelines of each social media outlet.
You may want to consider creating procedures to maintain the quality of your social media accounts and posts.
Should any problems arise or if you have any questions, please feel free to email us at pr[at]oia.hokudai.ac.jp.