If you wish to bring members of your immediate family to Japan (spouse or children), you must obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for each family member in order to obtain a visa. Only those family members who will be staying in Japan for 90 days or longer are eligible to apply. A “Certificate of Eligibility” is not required for a period of 90 days or less.
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility. One application form is needed for each member of your family.
- Proof of relationship (e.g. copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate)
- Residence card (or a certificate showing application of a resident card or Alien registration card if still valid)
- Proof of ability to support your family (e.g. Japanese Government Scholarship Certificate, receipt of other scholarship, proof of existing savings or funding source from your home country)
- Certificate of Enrollment provided by Hokkaido University
- Photographs for each family member (Standard 4×3 cm passport photo)