The mission of the School of Agriculture is to conduct research to create and rebuild a new system of agriculture that deals with wide-ranging food issues that face mankind around the globe. We offer education programs that cover all areas related to resolving pressing issues to ensure sustainable existence of mankind, with a goal of nurturing researchers and talented business professionals capable of make sound judgments from regional and global perspectives.
- Have you taken the EJU?
- The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is used to evaluate the Japanese language proficiency and the basic academic abilities of international students wishing to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan. See Admission requirements for scores. For detailed information, please visit the JASSO website here.
- Have you obtained 12 years or more of education?
- Do you have advanced Japanese?
You need a very good command of the Japanese language, equivalent to level N1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test to enter as an undergraduate student. (knowledge of around 2000 Kanji, + a 10,000 word vocabulary)
1. Read and understand the online application procedures issued by Hokkaido University and submit your application via the web page here.
Paper-based application forms are no longer available.
2. Entry Assessment takes place in February and there are two stages involved.
1st Stage : Application document screening
2nd Stage : Interview. At this stage, your English Proficiency is also assessed and a TOEFL certificate* must be submitted.
3. Wait for your results!
4. Results announced in early March. Get ready to begin your Hokudai Experience!
*TOEFL PBT,TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge, IELTS, and other examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted
|FACULTY/ SCHOOL||EJU REQUIREMENTS||SELECTION METHODOLOGY|
|School of Agriculture
(4 year degree)
|EJU ‘Japanese as a Foreign Language’ 270 or higher (including writing aptitude). Total of ‘Science’ + ‘Mathematics’ 265 or higher.||Application Document Screening, Interview, Submission of TOEFL*|
* TOEFL PBT, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, IELTS and others examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted.
|Tuition fee||¥535,800 / $5,880 (per year)|
|Entrance fee||¥282,000 / $3,100|
|Examination fee||¥17,000 / $187|
|Agrobiology and Bioresources||Agrobiology and Bioresources Stream|
|Bioscience and Chemistry||Bioscience and Chemistry Stream|
|Bioresource and Environmental Engineering||Bioresource and Environmental Engineering Stream|
|Animal Science||Animal Science Stream|
|Applied Bioscience||Applied Bioscience Stream|
|Forest Science||Forest Science Stream|
|Agricultural Economics||Agricultural Economics Stream|
Enter University as an undergraduate student?
For more information, please use the e-apply website.