The mission of the Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine and the School of Veterinary Medicine is to help students become veterinarians with creative minds and well-rounded characters who understand what is expected of veterinary medicine in society and have a scientific and analytic frame of mind. We also aim to cultivate students into veterinary experts who use sophisticated knowledge and technical skills in veterinary medicine to meet social needs in Japan and abroad. We offer small-group education programs so that students can acquire a broad range of professional knowledge and skills to deal with animal diseases.
- Have you taken the EJU?
- The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is used to evaluate the Japanese language proficiency and the basic academic abilities of international students wishing to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan. See Admission requirements for scores. For detailed information, please visit the JASSO website here.
- Have you obtained 12 years or more of education?
- Do you have advanced Japanese?
You need a very good command of the Japanese language, equivalent to level N1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test to enter as an undergraduate student. (knowledge of around 2000 Kanji, + a 10,000 word vocabulary)
1. Read and understand the online application procedures issued by Hokkaido University and submit your application via the web page here.
Paper-based application forms are no longer available.
2. Entry Assessment takes place in February and there are two stages involved.
1st Stage : Application document screening
2nd Stage : Interview / Short Essay. At this stage, your English Proficiency is also assessed and a TOEFL certificate* must be submitted.
3. Wait for your results!
4. Results announced in early March. Get ready to begin your Hokudai Experience!
*TOEFL PBT,TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge, IELTS, and other examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted
|FACULTY/ SCHOOL||EJU REQUIREMENTS||SELECTION METHODOLOGY|
|School of Veterinary Medicine
(6 year degree)
|EJU ‘Japanese as a Foreign Language’ 360 or higher (including writing aptitude). Total of ‘Science’ + ‘Mathematics’ 320 or higher.||Application Document Screening, Report, Interview, Submission of TOEFL*|
* TOEFL PBT, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, IELTS and others examinations deemed equivalent may also be accepted.
|Tuition fee||¥535,800 / $5,880 (per year)|
|Entrance fee||¥282,000 / $3,100|
|Examination fee||¥17,000 / $187|
|Cooperative Veterinary Education Program||Basic Veterinary Science, Pathobiological Veterinary Sciences, Applied Veterinary Science, Veterinary Clinical Medicine|