This issue highlights Hokkaido University’s proton beam therapy system that has enabled high-precision cancer treatment and other on-going research to fight cancer. The issue also showcases a variety of research activities, from anthropology to material science, taking place at the university.
Research in Focus
- Spearheading global fight against cancer with proton therapy
- Endless pursuit of improved four-dimensional tumor-tracking system
- Forecasting biological damage caused by proton therapy
- Fighting cancer radioresistance and invasiveness
- Radiomics: A quantitative approach for high precision diagnostic imaging