This magazine features Hokkaido University’s efforts to help control zoonotic and other emerging and reemerging infectious diseases, and showcase various research activities in areas ranging from agriculture, medicine, materials science to astronomy.
Research in Focus
- Influenza expert with unbending faith in research
- Working toward eradication of avian influenza
- Industry-academia collaboration to fight flu and emerging infections
- A mission to conquer tuberculosis and sleeping sickness in developing nations
- Working in the wild to help protect animals and humans from zoonoses